Caregiver Program Categories:
In the event of non-availability pf a local Canadian or a PR workers, eligible families in Canada can hire foreign caregivers (Nanny) to provide care for Children, Seniors or persons with high medical needs.
Children under the age of 18 can receive care under this program and the caregiver positions can include Child care provider, live-in caregiver, nanny (NOC 4411).
Under this program, seniors 65 years of age or over, or people with high medical needs (chronic illness,disability etc.) can receive care from foreign caregivers in the event of local unavailability of workers.
Positions can include Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012), Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 3233), or Attendant for persons with disabilities, home support worker, live-in caregiver, personal care attendant (NOC 4412).
The Caregiver (Nanny) Training Program
This is a 6 months full-time training program to be completed in 830 hours of in-class studies.
Mature student with minimum qualification of grade 12 with 18 years of age or above. At the time of admission, English Assessment Test and Interview will be conducted by the program coordinator.
- Care of Child
- Elderly Care
- Care of Persons with special needs
- Nutrition and Food Preparation
- Basic Nutrients
- Basic Food Preparation
- Meal Presentation and Table Etiquettes
- Personality, Communication & Cultural Adaptation
- Personality Development
- Effective Communication
- Canada & Multiculturalism
- Health and Safety
- Home Safety & Health Hazards
- First Aid & CPR
- Food Handling
- Medical Administration
- Home Making
- Organizing Home Management
- Bed Making
- Legislation & Home Care
- Caregiver’s Rights & Obligations
- Client Rights
- Labour Standards
Course Delivery mode is In-Class, at following locations:
BritishOXFORD Education P. Ltd.
- Level 1, Above Syndicate Bank, Mall Road, Hoshiarpur-146001, PB, India
- Level 1&2, Main Chowk, Chandigarh Road, Mahilpur-146105, PB, India